To be honest I had never tried cucumber and watermelon salad, until this and was curious as to how the combo will work out.
Result, the best salad I have ever made… ( so far..)he he its is that yummy!
Thanks Wa Makeri
CUCUMBER AND WATER MELON SALAD
½ red onion, thinly sliced.
4 cups diced water melon deseeded
1 large cucumber, deseeded and sliced.
1 handful mint, thinly sliced
¼ cup olive oil
Juice of ½ a lemon
Handful of cashews, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Soak the onion in cold water to reduce tanginess
- Pat dry the water melon and cucumber and toss with the mint.
- Drain the onion, squeeze dry and add to the salad with the cashew nuts.
- Add the oil and lemon juice and kidogo salt to taste
- Grind some black pepper on top and toss then serve.
1.I did not use the olive oil and salt and the salad turned out fine.
2. This is an adaptation of 2 recipes I came across for the salad, one from Wa Makeri’s blog and the other from Food Network magazine.