Wednesdays will be set aside for “Culinary Delights” posts.
Since I have fabulous friends 🙂 they decided to contribute recipes on a rotational basis. Michelle, who lives in the lovely coastal city of Mombasa got the first chance and here is her contribution:-
Coastarian fruit salad recipe
1 ripe mango
One large onion
– Cut onion in small cubes shape. Put the onions in a bowl with some vinegar and let the onions soak for a while.
-Squeeze the onions to remove their juice. Once done drain the vinegar and put the onion cubes in a clean dry bowl.
– Cut the mangoes into small cubes. Once done keep them in a clean dry bowl.
– Grate carrots into a clean dry bowl.
– Take a salad bowl, mix the onions, carrots and mangoes well.
– Add mayonnaise to your preferable taste.
– Once mixed well, put the salad in the fridge to chill until ready.
Best enjoyed as a snack on a Sunday afternoon or with mixed rice.
Above is last night’s result. I did not use a lot of mayonnaise as I am not a big fan of it.