I came across this recipe yesterday looking for an easy fish stew. I found it interesting as it has potatoes so here goes:
- 1/2 kg of potatoes, chopped into thick slices
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- A pinch of chili powder
- 1/2 kg white fish fillet, cut into large chunks
- 3 tbsp extra vigin olive oil
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp dhania, chopped
- 3 mint sprigs, chopped
1. Put all the ingredients, except the fish, oil and herbs, in a pan with the broth and simmer for 25 minutes till the potatoes are tender.
2. Stir in the oil and add the fish, cook for ten minutes.
3. Add the herbs, season and serve.
NOTE: The original recipe indicated four servings which is accurate. You can have the thick stew with bread or by itself. I had mine with ugali.
The original recipe called for parsley, I used dhania instead. Also called for harissa instead of chili. Harissa is a tangy Middle Eastern Spice, I did not have any and not taking chili at the moment so I left it out.
My phone did not do justice to the meal but it’s better than no photo right?