My dearest friends, my love for potatoes is no secret. I love them boiled, baked, fried, stewed…
It has been a while since I shared a recipe so here goes last night’s dinner.
My take on a Moroccan Beef stew, accompanied by potato wedges and coleslaw.
Moroccan Beef Stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg beef, cubed
- 2 onions
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp each of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves mixed together
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil, add meat and saute for about 15 minutes till it turns a beautiful brown colour.
- Add onions and mix well till soft, then add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, mix well but make sure they do not burn.
- Add the pureed tomatoes, honey, paprika, salt and water. Stir everything well and bring to a boil then lower the heat and let it simmer for an hour when covered.
- End result is a thick rich stew, serve with starch of choice.
PS: You can add raisins or dried apricots when done, then let it simmer for 15 more minutes uncovered.
For my potatoes, I parboiled them with garlic and salt then pan fried to get the crispy and charred taste. Served sprinkled with salt and freshly ground black pepper. My coleslaw is the easiest, shredded cabbage and carrots, salad cream and a bit of sugar to enhance the flavour.
Kindly try it out and let me know how yours turned out. 🙂