Pasta and tuna are an amazing combination; tastes great; cooks fast and is filling, a perfect weekday dinner recipe.
I however still need tips on how to plate spaghetti 🙂
- 1 packet spaghetti or pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 courgettes, diced.
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped.
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (optiona)
- 1 can of tuna chunks in oil, drained.
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese to serve.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and fry till transluncent.
- Add garlic, give a quick stir and add the courgettes. Cook for about seven minutes.
- Add tomatoes, some salt and cook till tomatoes are mushy, you can add a bit of water to increase the sauce.
- Let the tomatoes cook for about 9-10 minutes till the sauce is thick.
- Add the tuna and basil, let heat through and serve.
- Cook pasta as per package instructions, as the sauce simmers. Toss in the sauce and serve with some cheese on top.